Sunday, August 15, 2010

Belgium Slice



I love Belgium Slice! When ever I go home to NZ for a holiday I usually go to Couplands Bakery or New World to buy some.
The other day I decided I would try make some so during my internet search I came across this blog http://www.weetreatsbytammy.blogspot.com/, which has the recipe on it. I doubled the recipe and also added 1tsp of ginger and brown sugar to mine.
I didn't really like how fat it turned out so I will give it another go again and change the recipe a bit. Any way here is the recipe. Happy Baking :) xx
125 g butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup of caster sugar
2 cups plain or self raising flour
1 tsp of baking powder (if using plain flour)
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp mixed spice

Filling
1/2 cup sived raspberry jam

Icing
1 cup icing sugar
1 tbls butter
1/4 cup hot water (approx, use more or less)
2 tbls of raspberry cordial (you can use raspberry essence how ever I couldn't find any)
Raspberry jelly crystals






No comments:

Post a Comment